Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reflection on PE Cycle 1

During the first cycle, I somewhat accomplished my goal. I didn't shadow quite as much as I had hoped - 20 minutes 3 times a week was a bit ambitious. I did, however, shadow some parts of anime about 4 times a week, but only shadowed for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I did, however, do something more than I intended - I ended up shadowing this song a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBTZEtM_V5E. It's the opening theme to the first season of Code Geass, which my roommate was watching. Every episode, I would sing along with the song. I would even sing it when it wasn't playing, just because it was catchy. I have it on my ipod too. I feel like through these exercises, my rhythm got a little bit better, but my pitch could still use some work. For the next cycle, I plan to focus a little harder on pitch, and actually shadow as much as I said I would in the first cycle. Perhaps even more. We'll see. I definitely think singing along with songs helped though - I plan to find some more songs I like so that I can sing along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment